Okra, known as ladies’ fingers or bamia, is a wonderful vegetable. It is perfect if you want to heal your body through diet. Here we present you all the medicinal properties of the okra.
Why you should eat okra?
1. Fibers: rich in fibers, which improves digestion and heals the bowels. It helps us easily dispose of toxins in the intestines.
3. Pregnancy: okra is rich in folates, which helps in fetal development. It prevents miscarriage and defects in the fetal neural tube.
4. Bones: strengthens your bones and prevents osteoporosis because it’s rich in vitamin K and folates, which makes the bones denser.
6. Respiratory problems: the leaves and flowers of okra are used in treating pneumonia, bronchitis and common cold and flu.
8. Sun strokes: if you suffer from sun strokes you can eat okra to relieve weakness and exhaustion from the heat.
10. Obesity: okra has almost no calories, while the fibers make you feel full. Plus, it is rich with nutrients.
11. Cholesterol: it lowers the cholesterol levels because it’s rich on soluble fiber Pectin. The Pectin lowers the bad cholesterol and prevents atherosclerosis.
13. Hair: brings your hair to life; it acts as hair conditioner, it moisturizes your scalp while preventing dandruff. Your hair will look shiny and fresh.
14. Detoxification: yet another benefit from the fibers; they bind cholesterol and bile acid and eject toxins.
15. Immunity: boosts your immune system with the help of the antioxidants and vitamin C and other essential minerals like calcium, manganese, magnesium, and iron. These help your body fight against free radicals.
16. Eyesight: rich in beta-carotenes, lutein and xanthine, which prevent glaucoma and cataract.
17. Anemia: with the help of vitamin K, folate and iron the okra will help your fight against anemia. Hemoglobin forms, the blood coagulates, and the production of red blood cells is increased.
18. Ulcers: it neutralize acids and speeds up the healing of peptic ulcers by providing a temporary protective coating for the digestive tract.
19. Genital disorders: eat okra if you want increased sexual potency. The okra can also treat disorders like gonorrhea, leucorrhoea, syphilis and dysuria and prevents excessive menstrual bleeding.
21. Blood network: support your blood capillaries by eating plenty of flavonoid and vitamin C-rich fruits and vegetables, such as Okra.
22. Probiotics: okra aids good bacteria thrive in your intestines, which helps for a healthy intestinal tract.